KIDSRSTRONG2 KICKBALL CLASSIC RULES
1. Players must be at least 10 years of age. A player cannot play for more than 1 team on the day of the tournament. Waivers will be required for every player. Before their team’s first game, every player needs to check in and sign a waiver. At check in each player will be given a wristband which they must wear to be an eligible player.
2. This is a coed tournament. Each team's roster can have an unlimited number of players. A player cannot play for more than one team on the day of the tournament. No more than 10 players can play in the field at a time and there cannot be more than 5 male players in the field. There cannot be more than 6 players in the infield of which at least 3 must be female.
3. Teams may kick an unlimited number of players. The kicking order needs to remain consistent throughout the game unless there is an injury. Guys cannot kick back to back in the order. If you have more males than females in your kicking order then the females may kick out of turn and more often to ensure that guys are not kicking back to back. However the female kicking order still needs to remain consistent.
4. All outfielders must remain in the outfield grass until the ball is kicked. If an outfielder runs into the infield dirt before the ball has been kicked then the kicker is awarded 1st base. When a player is kicking, the infielders excluding catcher must remain behind an imaginary line diagonally thru the infield from 1st base to 3rd base. The penalty for this rule infraction will be a dead ball and the kicker is awarded 1st base and all subsequent runners will be awarded the next base if forced.
5. All kickers will get 3 legal rolls. A legal roll must be of moderate speed between the inside lines of the kicker’s boxes. Any roll that is not deemed legal will be re-rolled. No excessive “Bounces”. Any rolled ball that bounces 12” from the ground between the pitching plate and home plate is an illegal pitch. A kicker with two strikes is allowed one foul ball. Two fouls with two strikes and the kicker is out.
6. Bunts are not allowed. Should a bunt be called the play is dead, which will results in an out for the Kicker and any base runners must return to the last base occupied.
7. A defensive player may attempt to throw the ball at the base runner to get an out. Should the ball make contact with the runner, for any reason while the runner is not on the base then the runner is out. Any contact above the shoulders will result in an automatic homerun. If the runner successfully catches the ball when being thrown at, then they may kick the ball to any part of the playing field as long as it stays within fair territory. The defense may not attempt to block the kick.
8. No leadoffs or stealing. Runners can only leave the base once the ball is kicked. If a runner leaves early, the ball is dead and the runner is declared out. If this is the 3rd out of the inning, the kicker at the time will be first up in the next inning.
9. Any excessive contact or collision by base runners can result in an out and/or ejection. Sliding is allowed. Any sliding into a base to break up a double play or any intentional interference with the defensive player in the eyes of the umpire can result in the runner being called out.
10. A foul ball may be caught for an out.
11. If the ball is overthrown and hits the fence behind the 1st or 3rd base lines, this is not considered out of play and the runner may advance but at his/her own risk. All thrown balls are deemed out of play when the ball is thrown over the fence. On overthrows out of play, the runner is granted the base he/she is going to (at the point of the throw) plus one more.
12. On an infield fly (any fly ball within the infield with significant arc and deemed an “easy catch”) with less than 2 outs and runners on 1st and 2nd or 1st, 2nd and 3rd, the kicker is automatically out and runners can advance but at their own risk.
13. No cleats with metal spikes allowed.
14. Time limits: Round robin games: Games are 45 minutes. Round robin games can end in a tie. Playoff games: Games are 55 minutes. If the game ends in a tie the International Tie Breaker Rule will be in effect. The last Kicker from the previous inning will begin on second base, and each Kicker will receive one legal roll to put into play. An out will be called should the ball be kicked foul or the kicker does not kick a legal roll.
15. Inning Run Limit Rule: There will be a 5 run limit per inning through innings 1-4. (Exception: Unlimited runs may be scored if one of innings 1-4 is declared the final inning of the game). Unlimited runs are allowed beginning inning 5.
16. Games must start on time!!! Teams must be prepared to play. Forfeit Rule: 15 minutes after scheduled start of game. The game will be called by a Houston Sportsplex umpire. All judgment decisions are final. Any excessive disagreements will result in an ejection from the game and/or tournament if deemed necessary by HSP staff.